If I am being honest, I don’t like making new years resolutions. I just don’t. Usually because a week or so into the year, I’m not following my resolution any more. This year I decided to do a word of the year and also make a list of things I want to accomplish. I have heard of others picking a word for the year and I wanted to try it. This year my word is….
I had a rough 2015, especially towards the end, so I felt it was fitting to choose the word fun. For me, fun is going on adventures, being spontaneous, doing something crazy, being genuinely happy.
I also made a list of some bucket-list items (if you will) that I want to do this year. (Confession: I love making lists) My plan is to come back to this at the end of 2016 and reflect on this list. Here is my list of things I want to do in 2016:
- go on vacation
- go somewhere spontaneous for the day (think: staycation/ adventure day)
- do an act of kindness for a stranger (think: paying for the person behind you at Starbucks)
- show a friend I care/I am thinking of them
- go skydiving (I’ve been indoor skydiving now I want to go real skydiving)
- have a girls day with mom
- read at least 15 book (goodreads)
- be bold…do something scary (not sure what this looks like yet)
- serve GOD (I am doing this already in some capacity but I want to do more)
- volunteer my time
Let me know if you do anything for the new year like make a resolution, list, word of the year, etc.
Happy 2016! (<- isn’t that crazy)
- XOXO J
Update: I am crossing through them when they are completed!